Quantity Surveyor job position available in Knysna. Salary between R35 000 – R 45 000
- BCom or BTech degree (Honours even better)
- Must be proficient with CCS / Candy software
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Must be well spoken (bilingual) and able to take client meetings etc
- Own transport
- Contactable references
- Accurate valuation and re-measurement of Scope of Work
- Measurement of “labour-only” sub-contractor’s work
- Calculation of the sub-contractor’s “Payment Due”
- Adjudicate and prepare contracts with sub-contractors
- Prepare Joint Building Contracts Committee Contracts for new projects and submit to the Financial Manager / Commercial Manager for signing with Client
- Maintain accurate “As Built” records of all Main Contractor’s Scope of Work
- Ensure records are well-annotated and use marked-up drawings
- Take progress photographs on a fortnightly basis and maintain printed photo files
- Responsible for purchasing/ordering of high value and Long Lead items
- Refer to the allowable in the Project BOQ and follow good purchasing practice.
- Compile Tender Packs (Drawings, Specifications and Program etc) for Selected/Nominated/Domestic Sub-contracted works, adjudicate returned Tenders and place orders for the Sub-contract Package.
- Preparation and submission of Monthly Progress Claims for the Main Contractor’s work on contractual due dates
- Evaluation of nominated and domestic Sub-contractor’s Progress Claims prior to submission to the PQS
- Prepare & present monthly cost reports to Management.
- Prepare the Final Account in liaison with the Contracts Manager and agree Final Account with Client PQS
- Liaise with and assist Buyer
- Measure, prepare, resource and submit (Tenders) Bills of Quantity in CCS
- Assist Commercial Manager with re-measuring projects under their control.
- Load projects onto CCS and breakdown rates into various resources, including Build Smart Integration
- Update CCS Resource Lists on a regular basis
- Capture & maintain Site Instruction Request Register, submit SIRR to principle agent for site instructions and include summary in monthly claim to professional quantity surveyor
- Maintain records of Internal Contra charges to mitigate claims from subcontractors for remedial work
Please Contact Us orSend CV to email@example.com (use full job title as a reference)